When you test your pattern-based program, Tile Machine simulates the Game of Falling Tetrominoes and uses your program to decide where exactly each tetromino will fall. This process consists of the following steps.
1. Pick a tetromino randomly.
2. Consider the patterns that handle this tetromino. Each pattern in the game can handle only one tetromino (*1). I use the word "column" to denote the set of patterns that handle the same tetromino (*2).
3. Patterns in any column are ordered. Take the first pattern.
4. Run the matching algorithm.
5. If the pattern matches a region of the playing ...
Read More →